There used to be a time not so long ago when it was against the rules to combine different colors of denim. Fortunately fashion is all about breaking the rules especially if you are plus size — otherwise we would not have any fun with our clothes — today if you were caught dead in matching denim even your mother would be embarrassed. As much as it is encouraged, it is still rather hard to figure out what to put together. Personally, I like to put super dark denim on the bottom with a light denim jacket or shirt on top mixed with an eye popping color.
From left to right:
- Denim jacket from ASOS Curve, $35
- Shirt With Double Collar from ASOS Curve, $26
- Brighton Nolita Pleated Hobo from Zappos, $330
- Skinny Sophia Jegging from Torrid, $40
- Juicy Couture Glam Rocks Gemstone Adjustable Cocktail Ring from Zappos, $78
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish (I know what boys like) from Zappos, $16
- Ted Baker Elkma booties from Zappos, $270
Some of the fashion mags have encouraged fashionistas to go beyond two pieces of denim to three or four different shades. What is the magic number for you?