Last night was the 85th annual Oscar Awards and like many, many years before I hunkered down and watched all three+ hours of it.
A word about the host: Seth MacFarlane is sort of charming, not hard on the eyes either but I think you have to be a Seth MacFarlane fan to truly appreciate his hosting. I did not appreciate him. In fact, until I saw the Oscar promos, he was never on my radar. He had his moments for sure but overall not one of my favorites.
I did a lot of tweeting with my followers last night as everything was unfolding and I have to say it was quite fun.
The Top Ten Highlights of the Oscars for Me
(In no particular order.)
- The red carpet — I always enjoy watching the celebrities arrive, seeing what they are wearing (both men and women but mostly the women) and how they interact with any fans.
- Charlize Theron and Dustin Hoffman — I just thought they were so adorable together. Charlize walked up to the mike with Dustin like she was doing a runway. Despite their obvious height differences they were incredibly in sync.
- Sandra Bullock — I always enjoy Sandy. She makes me laugh. She makes me cry. I just adore her in any form.
- Adele — it seemed like forever until she made her appearance to sing the Skyfall theme song but it was worth it. She is flawless in so many ways.
- Jamie Foxx’s head tattoo — it was a surprise to a few of us on Twitter.
- Jennifer Lawrence tripping up stairs — poor thing. She fell gracefully and she recovered gracefully.
- Hugh Jackman springing to action to help her — Hello! Had it been me and I knew he was there I would have milked it.
- Octavia Spencer — gorgeous from head to toe.
- George Clooney’s beard — facial hair seemed the popular accessory for the men last night but Clooney always wears it best.
- William Shatner!! — the Star Trek nerd in me was so excited to see Captain Kirk. I was surprised how long the skit was and wondered what the awards show would have been like if he had hosted it.
What were some of your favorite highlights?