Maureen (Moe) Wood has been writing for the Large and Lovely site at BellaOnline for over nine years. Her plus size shopping blog, My Favorite Things, will celebrate its seventh anniversary this summer (June 15, 2007). Feel free to connect with her through her social networks.
If you are here it probably means you want to know more about the woman behind this blog. Here are 15 basics:
- My name is Maureen but I go by “Moe” online.
- I’m in my early 40’s (when did that happen?!).
- I’m plus size.
- I worked in plus size retail.
- I worked as a registered nurse.
- I’ve been married for eighteen years.
- I have a German Shepherd, Tabby cat, a Maine Coon wanna-be for pets.
- I live in a house in a quiet neighborhood.
- I love the internet (no surprise there).
- My favorite color is blue.
- I love to read real books but am not above e-books.
- I go through stages of addictive knitting and crochet.
- I’m a doodle-bug.
- I taught myself to juggle balls (I’m still working on the life part).
What? You still want more? Here’s 10 Random Facts About Me where you’ll learn more than you needed to know.
You bet. Here are a listing of a few I belong to:
- Twitter (I twitter a lot about fashion, coupons, my pets, the weather, and food. Consider yourself warned.)
- Facebook (I check in almost daily but it is a love hate relationship.)
- Instagram (I check in daily, addicted to “seeing” what others are eating, wearing, doing.)
- Google+ (I check daily but am still at a loss.)
I’d love for you to follow me and I’ll do my best to follow you in return, let me know you were here.
What Happened to Your Hair?
In the summer of 2010 I went crazy and asked my Twitter and Facebook friends if I should Keep It or Chop It. It was a narrow race but they chose chop it. Then I chose to have fun and play with the color.